Our mission is to provide profitable and sound public relations strategies linked with creative marketing advice that results in victories for our clients. We work by forming a partnership, providing one-on-one attention and personalized service. Our goal is to achieve success by crafting, repositioning, and developing positive awareness for each of our clients. We do this by helping to communicate, engage, and build relationships with their stakeholders.
EvansPR creates custom marketing and public relations programs that power brand awareness.
Founded in 1992, EvansPR delivers proven marketing and public relations expertise grounded in these fundamental principles:
Integrity and honesty
Excellence and effectiveness
About Phyllis Evans
A Southern California native, Phyllis headed north after high school. She studied for two years as an art major at San Jose State University, and one year back in Los Angeles at the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising. The next few years were spent working in San Francisco’s Financial District, before she received her BA in English, with a minor in Film from San Francisco State University, graduating magna cum laude.
Phyllis began her public relations career as a junior account executive at San Francisco’s The Orsborn Group, a division of Edelman Worldwide. She then worked as an account executive for J. Bunker & Associates before founding EvansPR.
In 2008, Phyllis took the opportunity to serve as Director of Communications at Golden Gate Baptist Theological Seminary (now known as Gateway Seminary). She spent six years promoting the five campus-system before resuming her independent practice in 2014.
She collects birds – ceramic, wooden, glass, metal, clay, paintings, cards, and bookends.
She is a ruthless competitor when playing Scrabble, Words With Friends, and Word Streak online.
She has a weakness for used book sales and jigsaw puzzles.
Memberships and Affiliations
- Association of Women in Communications (AWIC), Freelance Forum (3 years)
- Baptist Communicators Association (8 years)
- Garden Writers Association of America (2 years)
- International Association of Business Communicators (IABC), Independent Roundtable (3 years)
- Kiddo! (Mill Valley Schools Community Foundation) Board member (6 years)
- To Celebrate Life Breast Cancer Foundation, Board member, Communications Chair (6 years)
- Mill Valley Chamber of Commerce (10 years), Chair of Women in Business (3 years)
- Mill Valley Library Foundation, Consultant (1 year)
- Milley Executive Committee (5 years)
- O’Hanlon Center for the Arts Board member (3 years)
Honors and Awards
- Baptist Communicators Assn (BCA) 2014 First Place – Public Relations, Special Events
- BCA 2013 First Place – General Design, Logo
- BCA 2013 First Place – Integrated Branding
- BCA 2013 Second Place – Interactive Communications. Website
- BCA 2012 First Place – Freelance Writing
- BCA 2010 Grand Prize for exceptional achievement in public relations and development
- BCA 2010 First Place – Special Events
- Volunteer of the Year 1996, Mill Valley Chamber of Commerce